Saturday, July 17, 2021

Statement from June Stokes (Pixie) - July 16, 2021

Peace everyone. First I want to take the time to thank everyone that has shown me and everyone that's come forward to tell the truth support. Your support means a lot to us. I would also like to take the time to set the record straight on a few things:

First I would like to point out that I, or any of the others, are not mindless or easy to get over on. We grew up with Bert and Ria brainwashing us and controlling everything in our lives. They lied and made us not be able to trust anyone in our lives, including ourselves and our own feelings, but yet we were Smart enough! Strong enough! And had enough Courage and confidence in ourselves to know that something was wrong and get the hell away and EXPOSE THEM! I also understand that many people have a lot of mistrust for Kevin, Maiga, and Beth and I understand that concern is coming from a good place. But I would like you all to think about the fact that we are not mindless or easy to get over on and realize that I will not be used in any way like I was used in that cult ever again!
I think that it's important for people to know that NO ONE CAME TO ME ON ANY PODCAST OR BLOG!! I could not take the abuse in that cult anymore and I reached out to them for help to expose the wrong being done. Behind closed doors, MOVE was being run much like a maximum-security prison by Bert and Ria. Because I went against them so much I was threatened a lot and told that if I ever left and told the truth I would be tracked down and killed! I knew that the worst thing for them was to expose them to the world and get people to pay attention to what was going on so that I would have a better chance of them not sending someone after me. I reached out to Maiga first being that her and I had been building a trusting relationship away from MOVE, and I have always had a pretty good relationship with Kevin from when I was a little girl and he stayed with us and did Mumia work, So him and I started to talk about all of this as well.
I was very skeptical in trusting them even though I had reached out but I was honest with them and they were honest with me and we built trust and that trust has nothing to do with the color of their skin but the fact that they proved then and continue to prove to this day to be trustworthy. I started to tell them about a lot of things that went on behind closed doors that they didn't even know about. I told them that I had been thinking about seeing that gun days before John was killed and that I wanted to tell my story, the full truth. I needed to get away because my life would be in danger if I didn't.
It actually took a lot of me being very persistent and very clear that no one could know what was happening until me and my kids were away and safe. I also was the one to ask Kevin to get me in contact with Beth because I wanted to tell what I knew about John's murder! And I also felt like talking on the podcast would give me one more line of defense against Bert and Ria sending someone to kill me for leaving and speaking out. If anything knows me you should know that I am not the kind of person to just follow along. Going against everything that Bert and Ria had put in my head was hard but I did it and exposed them, and I would do the same thing now if I was being used in any way!!
I understand that this is all hard to deal with and finding out that MOVE is not what you thought for all this time is devastating. I also understand that lot of you don't agree with how I went about things, but if something is wrong and hurting people it must be stopped! That does not mean that I am saying that the government is right, it means that I will not stand for no abuse no matter who it's from and I am doing what I have to do. I ask people to please not make this about a race thing by trying to make the people that actually put their lives on the line for me and the others the bad people here. Also please look at the fact that RIA IS WHITE! This is not a black group vs white people thing. This is wrong vs right!
Once again thank you all for supporting both by sending love and well wishes as well as much-needed funds to us. Much love and respect,
June AKA Pixie

No comments:

Post a Comment