Saturday, September 18, 2021

Part 3 (and 1 and 2) - Kevin Price Interviewed by "Failed State Update" Podcast

A few weeks ago I was interviewed by Joseph Flatley for the "Failed State Update" podcast. You can find that first episode here. That interview covered a lot of ground but primarily focused on my understanding of the early history of MOVE based on my years of experience in MOVE, as well as years of research. For those who are trying to understand MOVE's history in the context of the past months of revelations, this would be a good place to start. 

Last week we recorded the second episode which you'll find here. This episode focuses on the events that led up to the atrocity of May 13th, 1985. This is a very sensitive subject and I try hard to handle it with the care and complexity that it deserves. I know that my interpretation of those events is markedly different than the version that MOVE has told, but my conclusions are well supported. My primary reason for wanting to set the record straight about May 13th is my belief that MOVE has been cynically exploiting the deaths of Delisha, Katricia, Zanetta, Phil, and Tomaso (the children who died in the house) for far too long, and I believe that their stories deserve to be told. 

This week we recorded episode three which you can find here. This episode covers how I became involved in MOVE, John Gilbride - the campaign against him and his murder, and the survivors of MOVE and how they can be supported. I wish we had had more time to get into the details about the survivors and how they can be supported. I'm grateful to Joseph Flatley for taking the time to have such an in-depth conversation. 





 

3 comments:

  1. Say his name: JOHN GILBRIDE. He was murdered by MOVE. Say his name. Activist who continue to work with MOVE after learning about Bert and Ria, learning that MOVE is a cult, learning that they horribly abuse their offspring. You CAN use your voice to remove their platform. Say his name: John Gilbride. He was murdered for wanting to be a devoted father. Since when do we discourage men from stepping up and being good dads? Since when is that revolution? Men have abandoned their kids so many times and when one is murdered for WANTING to care for his son, when he knew kids were getting abused, where is your outrage? ASK PAM AFRICA AND RAMONA AFRICA AND THE MOVE 9 WHO ARE STILL ALIVE TO SPEAK OUT ABOUT THE MURDER OF JOHN AFRICA. If they won't, then you KNOW they were using you! They used me. Before Maria was chosen to be married off to Zack, they chose my daughter! I left because I am not crazy. They weren't going to use my child as a human shield. They weren't going to knock her up as soon as she started her period. They weren't going to turn her against me because they are a sick cult! We left. Bert and Ria are horrible people and they RUN MOVE. You cannot work with them if you believe racism is wrong. You cannot work with them if you think sexism is wrong. They do not believe in left wing politics. They are homophobic. They are controlling. They are abusive. The think you are all a means to raise money for their lifestyles. You haven't been in their homes. I have. I have seen the luxury. I have seen them use the money you donate on themselves. They abused Zack. He doesn't know how many of us loved him and cared about him. He doesn't know his dad loved and cared about him. They won't let him know. They murdered his father!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not john africa, JOHN GILBRIDE. Please forgive my typo. They have supported that psychopath john africa for long enough.

      Delete
  2. Bert and Ria, I know you two are reading this. I know you are watching it. I know you are following the podcast. We know what you did. We, the people you used to humiliate John Gilbride, know what you did. Your silence is deafening. You won't be able to isolate Zack forever. You will get old. You will not live longer than him. When you are gone, and those around him are no longer afraid to speak out, they will tell him what you did. They will tell him you are murderers. They will tell him that he once whispered into his daddy's ear. They will tell him that when he was 4 years old, Zack hugged his dad and whispered in his ear that he loved him. He did, too. His dad risked everything to be with his son. That is a truth you cannot erase. That is a truth we will all leave bread crumbs for him to follow. He will see the truth for his own eyes. We won't stop. You cannot wait us out. We won't stop until Zack knows that truth, that you murdered his father. Kevin won't stop. Maiga won't stop. June won't stop. Tony won't stop. Maria won't stop. Mario won't stop. Bob won't stop. Ellieliz won't stop. Whit won't stop. Joshua won't stop. Their kids won't stop. We all know what you did. Oh, and Beth won't stop, either. She's quite the journalist. She's quite the investigator. And...I won't stop. Your lies have been penetrated. We will never let you repeat those lies unchecked ever again. We know you don't care about the activists or the causes they stand for. We know all you have ever cared about is control. It's not just Tony and I talking now. Your own kids are speaking out. You will never use kids as a human shield to protect yourselves EVER AGAIN! You are the baby killers. You are the murderers! You are the torturers! And now, everyone knows it.

    ReplyDelete