Saturday, September 4, 2021

Kevin Price interviewed on "Failed State Update" Podcast

Here's an interview I did with Joseph Flatley for his podcast "Failed State Update." This is likely the first of three episodes. This first episode focuses on my understanding of the history of MOVE after 20 years as a close supporter, and a lot of research and reading primary source documents from the '70s and '80s. The second episode will likely focus on my experiences as a close MOVE supporter and my long journey to leave MOVE. The third episode will likely go into detail about the abuse within MOVE, the survivors who are coming forward, the murder of John Gilbride, and many of the other topics we've been focusing on here on the blog.

In the title of this interview, and the interview I did with cult expert, Steve Hassan, I'm referred to as "former MOVE member, Kevin Price." I never claimed to have been a MOVE member in either of these interviews, but due to the level of dedication and investment I had in the group, this seems to be a natural assumption. I've already written a post that addresses the fact that member and supporter status in the group is used as a power game and means of control. I clarify in both interviews that within MOVE I was not considered a member, but because the distinction between member and close supporter is a tough distinction to make in the title of a podcast I decided to let it stay as it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment