Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Part 2- Kevin Price interviewed by "Failed State Update" podcast

A few weeks ago I was interviewed by Joseph Flatley for the "Failed State Update" podcast. You can find that first episode here. That interview covered a lot of ground but primarily focused on my understanding of the early history of MOVE based on my years of experience in MOVE, as well as years of research. For those who are trying to understand MOVE's history in the context of the past months of revelations, this would be a good place to start. 

Last week we recorded the second episode which you'll find here. This episode focuses on the events that led up to the atrocity of May 13th, 1985. This is a very sensitive subject and I try hard to handle it with the care and complexity that it deserves. I know that my interpretation of those events is markedly different than the version that MOVE has told, but my conclusions are well supported. My primary reason for wanting to set the record straight about May 13th is my belief that MOVE has been cynically exploiting the deaths of Delisha, Katricia, Zanetta, Phil, and Tomaso (the children who died in the house) for far too long, and I believe that their stories deserve to be told. 

We'll be recording the third, and final episode, this week. It will focus on how I became involved in MOVE, John Gilbride - the campaign against him and his murder, and the survivors of MOVE and how they can be supported. 



No comments:

Post a Comment